Contoh Soal UTS Bahasa Inggris Kelas 8 Semester Genap
Hello everybody. Sebelumnya saya sudah membagikan contoh soal UTS (Ujian Tengah Semester) kelas 7 dan 9. Berikut ini saya akan mencoba berbagi contoh soal untuk kelas 8 ya. Untuk teman-teman yang perlu referensi contoh soal UTS Bahasa Inggris kelas 8, mudah-mudahan postingan saya berikut ini bisa bermanfaat. Yuk disimak.
Choose A, B, C or D for the best answer!
The Following text is for questions 1 to 4!
Last holiday, my family decided to visit my grandparents in Yogyakarta. Grandma and Grandpa live in a small village. There are a lot of rice field around their house. It was such a hot day, we decided to have lunch in one of the huts in the middle of a rice field. Grandma had cooked delicious traditional dishes for us. The breeze was perfect and we were so hungry. During our lunch, the sky grew darker. Suddenly, it rained heavily. There was no time to run to Grandpa's house, so we remained in the hut. However, water poured into the small hut. Everything got wet, including our lunch.
1. What does the text tell us about?
a. A nice hut.
b. Heavy rain.
c. A failed lunch.
d. Grandma's best dishes
2. Why did the writer's family decide to have lunch in the hut?
a. The hut was near the house.
b. It was raining heavily.
c. It was such a hot day.
d. The hut was pretty.
3. Why didn't they get back to the house when it rained?
a. The food was so delicious.
b. The rain came sudden.
c. They liked to stay in the hut.
d. The hut was far from the house.
4. "... so we remained in the hut?
The underlined word is closest in meaning to ....
5. My friend's car can run 100 km/hour. My car can run 100 km/hour.
We can say .....
a. My car can run faster.
b. My car has the same speed as my friend's car.
c. My friend's car is similar to my car.
d. My friend's car has the same color as mine.
6. Ratna : What do you think about those 2 boxers; Chris John and that new boxer?
Fina : Chris John is ... the new boxer.
Ratna : I agree with you because he can knock out many of his opponents easily.
a. as strong as
b. weaker than
c. stronger than
d. the strongest than
7. Rahmat : What program do you like on that TV station?
Lisa : Film. I think film program is ... interesting than gossip program.
c. the most
8. Jakarta is .... than Bogor.
b. more crowded
c. the most crowded
d. not crowded
9. Fauzan is 40 years old.
Reza is 40 years old.
We can say:
Fauzan is .... Reza.
a. older than
b. the oldest than
c. as old as
d. as older as
10. A continent is ... than an island.
11. Our principal ... in Canada at the moment.
c. was being
d. will be
12. Rabbits ... carrots.
d. will like
13. Let's ... English.
14. My teacher, Mr. Anwar, didn't come to my wedding party because I ... to invite him.
c. will forget
d. have forgotten
15. The room was dirty when I left it. It is clean now.
Someone ... it.
c. is cleaning
d. has cleaned
16. Miss Rika : Did you enjoy your vacation, boys and girls?
Santi : Yes, Miss. I ... to Singapore.
Dewi : Did you?
Santi : Yes.
b. will go
d. am going
17. Rina : Where is Dad, Mom?
Mom ; He is in the living room.
He ... news on TV.
c. will watch
d. is watching
18. Please be quiet. My grandma ....
a. is sleeping
d. was sleeping
19. Irfan : Where is your mother?
Dewi : She .... in the kitchen.
a. is cooking
b. was cooking
c. will cook
20. The sun ... in the west
The following text is for questions 21 to 22.
21. What is the writer's intention to write the notice?
a. To ask people to use stairs.
b. To show the stairs' location.
c. To apologise for the lift's condition.
d. To inform people about electrical damage.
22. Where do you probably read the notice?
a. In a park area.
b. In a storey house.
c. In a private house.
d. In a skyscraper
The text below is for No 23 to 25.
23. What is the purpose of the notice?
a. To remind visitors to use their camera.
b. To explain visitors how to use camera devices properly.
c. To inform visitors about the rules of using camera devices.
d. To notify visitors to leave their camera devices in the counter
24. What should visitor do to have permission to take photo?
a. Visit the museum counter.
b. Pay for the fine at the ticket counter.
c. Buy the stickers at the ticket counter.
d. Collect their cameras at the museum counter.
25. What will happen if visitors ignore the notice?
a. They will be fined.
b. They will be in trouble.
c. They will lose their camera.
d. They will disturb other visitors
Sumber : Diolah dari berbagai sumber